Tuesday 31 March 2015

2014/07/21 Restday

The heroes in the TDF are enjoying a day of rest so I decide to go for a long stage. First of all the rubber mat on the garage floor must be cleaned. I’m getting female assistance to remove the large amount of oil. Unfortunately the female has a pace that shows she is in a state of rest as well. A three toed sloth,undoubtedly U know these wonderful creatures, would be the first to cross the line in a sprint.
I have to assume the horizontal position (I still don’t make any money like this :D )
in order to get the oil pressure sensor on it’s spot. It’s not meant to be today since I had forgotten that one of the wires has to be lengthened, both wires are missing a plug and gaskets are missing from the tool box too. To make matters worse today is not just a rest day but it’s Independence day. In Belgium this means that people who don’t work are celebrated by working people who don’t have to work today. The “oil plan” is abandoned. But since I hate people who don’t have to work, even on days that aren’t holidays, I continue to work on the do list.

Ground points and connections in the engine bay are sanded and cleaned. Extra attention goes to the connections on the TSZ unit and the green wire. Inspection of the green wire shows why the engine stops and refuses to start once in a while. It’s gonna set me back about a 102€. There are people who have to work for money.












No comments:

Post a Comment