Tuesday 31 March 2015

2014/06/17 Small steps

Some small stuff has been finished the last couple of days. Replacing the door lock was easy, but it has to be said it was only the outer part that was replaced. Putting the door trim back in place has become a routine job but it’s clear I’d better don’t take it off too much anymore. It’s not completely finished btw. since I lost a screw.
A lot of time got waisted reconnecting the electrical mirror. I had started with the right connections, luckily I’d found a pic on the internet with the connections, but it didn’t work. With a multi meter and the wiring diagram I’m trying to solve the problem with logic but after half a day I’m back with the original connections and an bottle of contact cleaner. That does the trick, it works.
Despite previous efforts, electrical problems keep appearing. I’ll have a look at the “electrical miracle shark” again. The multimeter remains close at hand.






Unfortunately I’ll have to dig into the CIS too. The shark isn’t idling nicely, a problem that appears more often so it seems when one has taken off various CIS componenten.



A daunting task

No comments:

Post a Comment