Tuesday 31 March 2015

2014/05/26 Rebuild

The rebuild starts with making a “reproduction” of the water bridge gaskets. I’m not sure we can tighten the screws to the specified torque so I prefer to make a “test set-up” without screwing with the new baskets.


I’ve taken a lot of pics during deconstruction and along with the WSM, Parts catalogue and my memory I’m able to figure out where everything was placed. Not easy, but I don’t have to worry about Alzheimer yet. 
Despite long hours on saturday, I’m unable to finish the rebuild but there’s some hope that monday will be the day. Unfortunately monday proves to be a “ we do not collaborate day”. Nuts and bolts get lost and only intense searching makes them resurface, everything I pick I drop again and some parts are mounted and then broken down again because they’re obstructing the construction of another part. :evil:
At the end of the day everything’s back on it’s spot except a fuel line gasket. It is by no means a coincidence that the last bolt is a PITA and get’s me on the brink of taking a hammer. The gasket has fallen almost out of reach on top of the V block. I have to remove a tube again and even then it takes another hour of “fishing” before I can get my hands on the bastard. I finally get my revenge and take out the hammer after launching a bottle of brake cleaner via the shortest route into the garden. :evil:





No comments:

Post a Comment