Tuesday 31 March 2015

2014/07/13 It is only one bolt

Basically it’s one bolt, but a bolt that keeps me busy for two, yes 2!, day’s. This MF is the oil pressure sender unit and placed in an unreachable position. I’d tried almost everything,even used an oil filter chain wrench, but to no avail. When using locking pliers there’s a small amount of movement but it’s only the housing that moves. After 2 hours on my back there’s nothing I’ve gained. (some people make a lot of money while on there back :-) but it’s clear it wouldn’t be a good career move for me.)
With destruction in mind, I’d already ordered a new sender unit but only the disassembly of the alternator will get the old one out and the new one in. With the alternator, who’s bolts were hard to get to as well, out of the way I finally manage to get the 24mm wrench on the sender unit. A blow with the hammer releases both frustration and the MF.







No comments:

Post a Comment