Tuesday 31 March 2015

2014/04/15 Don't think about tomorrow

A torn gasket underneath the Oil separator could be the cause of excessive smoke when revving the engine. I’d like to fix that before starting the engine again. It’s a pretty straight forward job but in the crowded engine compartment there’s always something in the way. Taking lots of pictures and using a labeler (I’ve stolen the idea from an episode of wheeler dealers) should be of great help when reconnecting all the tubes. All goes well until I make it to the last four bolts of the disassembly process. 
The 4 allen bolts of the regulator housing are stuck after 37 years of service and the heads are rounded off. After 5 hours of wrenching I decide that it’s a problem I’ll deal with tomorrow. The water bridge stays put for now.







No comments:

Post a Comment