Sunday 19 July 2015

2015/04/26 Rome wasn’t built in a day

Unfortunately painting the parts of the rear drive train isn’t the end of the “paint ride”. The battery box was already out but with the exhaust out as well I can get to the heat shields. The first heat shield is one of the stubborn kind: two hours, that’s what it takes to remove 3, 40 year old bolts. Although “destroying” them is a better word, I also manage to destroy the pile of rust that had become part of the exhaust.










After my transmission analysis there were some doubts about the state the clutch was in so I give it a visual inspection. In order to do this some sort of crossmember has to be removed. I’m not sure if it supports the engine but I’m not taking any chances, I’m hooking up the engine again. Each part that comes from underneath the shark can use a paint job. Another resilient bolt is found at the starter engine but soon the clutch is in sight. There’s not a lot to see but I do have my doubts about the two tie-wraps that hold the guide tube in place.





I end the day with some more dirt removal, the engine hood is in never-never land by then.



No comments:

Post a Comment