Tuesday 14 July 2015

2014/12/21 Everything happens for a reason.

Sometimes the reason is you are stupid and make bad decisions. Not replacing my Clutch master despite my doubts was such a bad decision. During the Lizzytrip, changing gears was hard work. A few weeks after the Lizzytrip I make a mistake in changing gears because of that hard work and lose 5th. I’m guessing something is wrong with the rear coupler but I decide to change the clutch master first. Previous experiences have shown it’s a PITA. I had asked some help but at the last minute the second pair of hands bails out so I’m having a go to make it “solo”.
Breaking down is obviously the easy part. I’m sure if I can get the new CM lined up and secured in the opening, that I can secure it with a single bolt. The biggest problem is turning the master a bit to get the second screw in. I put some tape on a vise grip and hope this will do the trick. Despite using a lot of force it just doesn’t turn far enough to get it in. After a few attempts I get the lucky break I was hoping for. The MC tilts forward a bit and I can make the turn without any force. Quickly I secure the left bolt. All I need to do now is take one bolt away at a single time and screw them back on with the plate and bushings that are used to secure the CM. It’s an easy job now, partly because I use longer bolts. 






Some kinky spray makes the dust boot slide over easy as “finishing touch.”




Getting the Brake master back on it’s spot is easy too since it’s the third time I’m doing this. Nonetheless there’s one in every crowd..One of the screws on the brake line doesn’t cooperate and has to be replaced. 








While waiting for the arrival of the brake line I open up one of the headlight units in order to get the moist out of it.  A hairdryer and some nice weather get it dry and up for MOT. I end the day with my first selfie ever.






No comments:

Post a Comment