Thursday 2 April 2015

2014/10/25 ........(censored)

The day started with removing the “engine bridge”. A moment of joy although the engine wasn’t really supported by the bridge anymore. 




With a new oil filter on and a first round of cursing when putting a new oil level sensor on, my most ambitious project so far comes to an end with a fresh oil fill. No leaks are detected and after reconnecting the starter engine, a simple twist of the contact key awakes the divine V8. Victory!
The tank strap get’s a finishing RX10 bath. We’re cruising now.



I had my doubts about the shifting behavior of the manual transmission so I bought a slave cylinder repair set. I only have to remove the clutch hose from the slave cylinder to start the rebuild. The bolt turns....but so does the hose. I didn’t see this one coming but the result I do get to see. It breaks!!!
After a long cool down period I dig back in to remove the other end of the hose. This piece of sh.t is almost out of reach and I tape a screw driver to a wrench in order to get to it. After about 30 minutes of swearing it’s out. With a blow from a hammer I ventilate my frustration. The damage on both hose and hammer prove my point, the accompanying vocabulary is deemed unfit for publication. 





No comments:

Post a Comment