Thursday 2 April 2015

2014/10/23 Another pan

A different type of pan though, during my last Vehicle inspection there were some remarks on the gas tank strap. Indeed, it has seen better days. A double trip to a used parts dealer doesn’t provide a worthy replacement. I can order one in the US but I don’t feel like waiting for it. On the way back from the parts dealer I come up with an idea, fiberglass! I’ve never worked with it before but I hope there’s enough (rusty) material left on the tank strap to shape the fiberglass around it. 
I drape a layer on the inside first and when it has dried another on the outside. Much to my surprise it works. After adding some putty and some sanding I can apply the base RX. Tomorrow it’ll be painted with black RX as a finish. I can’t wait to see the result.









No comments:

Post a Comment