Tuesday 22 December 2015

2015/10/25 Kill Keith

Putting the tank and fuel lines back in shows the complexity of the 928 once more. Too much stuff in too small a place, either your head and arms gets stuck in the wheel well or your fingers, who have been useful in much tighter spaces, are pottering about in the filler hole trying to screw things together.







Late in the afternoon I can finally fill the tank back up but the in-tank filter remains a source of addiction. After playing Keith once more I decide to use the old in-tank filter that came with the secondhand tank. Eat this, Keith! Fresh rubber and a fresh oral dam end the fuel job.



During a test drive it proves that the diff isn’t completely quit so I drain the transmission again and do the “change if necessary”, you remember, “note 2” thing. Not using formulas but practical logic I get the diff set to 0,22mm which will have to do for now. November 8th is approaching and I have warned the car that it must perform on the commemoration of the “Lizzytrip”, no matter what! I’ll keep U posted on that one.






No comments:

Post a Comment